December brings one of the biggest product updates to Kapiche so far! We’ve updated the Storyboard, introduced a better Project workflow and added a multitude of small quality of life changes. This product update webinar is also available on Youtube.
Projects, Data Collections, and AnalysesThe most critical part of this update is the new workflow in which you manage your Projects and the data within them. The concept of Data Collections are gone, and is now just “Data” within a Project. New analyses use all of the data in the Project, and you can update existing analyses with new data.
- Existing Data Collections will be converted into Projects (renamed according to the old Project and Data Collection name). This process is automatic.
- You will need to update each existing Analysis.
- Topics in existing Analyses may change once updated.
- You now upload a data file when creating a new Project. The first data file you upload dictates the “Schema” of your Project. This is the table/column structure all the files in your Project must follow if you add new data.
- New analyses you create use all of the data in your Project. With this new workflow, think of Projects as the old “Data Collections”. You’ll likely be creating more Projects now, and have more control over what happens in each Project.
- Any time you add new data, you can update any existing analyses to use that data. Updating an analysis means the topics & storyboard will not be modified (and any new topics will be disregarded), so you can see how the frequencies of topics have changed with new data. You can of course create a new analysis which will generate a topic model with the new data as well.
- It is now more obvious when data and analyses are being processed, as well as what you can and can’t do whilst they are processing.
- Topics have a new colour scheme based on frequency, from Yellow (highest) to Purple (lowest).
- Position of topics is fixed (they stay in the same position every time you load the visual), and the Storyboard now loads with less erratic movement.
- There is a new topic frequency chart on the right side of the screen.
- You can now edit the granularity of topics through the “Edit Storyboard” button. This doesn’t just impact the visuals — the rest of your analysis will use the new topics, too!
Data Visualisations & Charts
- You can now find a .csv export option for any chart that uses table data.
- Bar charts now have a minimum bar height.
- Topic Correlations on the Topic page is now a Relative Frequency chart.
- The Context Network when viewing a topic now has reduced text overlap and better interaction.
Analysis SummaryWe have removed the Summary screen for now. You’ll now be greeted with the Storyboard when you open an Analysis. We may re-introduce the Summary screen at a later time when it is at a place we’re happy with.
- Sentiment is now created for each analysis as a Variable, with positive/neutral/negative segments.
- A column can have up to 25 unique values to become a Variable (up from 15).
- Multi-segment queries are coming in the next update.